.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, December 27, 2004

Earth's rotation affected by yesterday's quake?

An Italian scientist, Enzo Boschi, who is head of Italy's National Geophysics Institute, says that yesterday's quake was so powerful, it has affected the earth's rotation. Other scientists say whether the rotation has been affected remains to be seen. But still ... pretty extraordinary.

The event, I might add, has finally motivated me to get serious about a tornado shelter. Getting a shelter in here has been quite a dilemma, as our water table is so, so high, the ground is rock with boulders scattered between and the cellar would likely become a haven for critters of every imaginable type.

So I've been looking at above ground storm shelters, and think I have finally found a reasonable solution --- the cost is right and it won't take up space I could use for gardens or whatever. It's a stairwell shelter which will be used as the steps to the porch I'm building out back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home