.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, December 11, 2004

House Cleaning and Poetry

I should be grading, but I'm still cleaning. Since yesterday, I've moved some ancient library shelves from an interior wall to an exterior one (better energy efficiency that way), and have tossed a number of books in the process --- rather, taken them to the car to take to the thrift store.

I also moved the computer to a back corner of the living room. I no longer have an office, as I turned what was my bedroom into the plant room (don't ask) and then turned what was my office into my bedroom. Which means the computer has been in the combo kitchen-dining room-living room for months now.

And occupying center stage. Which I didn't like. So I moved it into the corner. The problem now is I have no chairs because I gave away the chair that was in my back seat of my car (subject of a previous post here) because when I went to the thrift store, a fairly impoverished looking woman in the parking lot said oh my, how I love that chair! So ... I gave it to her.

In any case, now I have to find a chair for the computer in the corner because somehow I've ended up with no chairs.

I've also thrown out four 33 gallon trashbags of old papers. I've been throwing out old papers for months now. Months. And I still have an entire closet full of old papers.

This time, while going through papers, i found a number of gems, including a poem my mother wrote. It's a really nice one, too. My mother was a wondeful writer. I wish that she would have written more. But she didn't.

I have come to rest on an alien shore
Where the flowers are fair
And the wind murmurs low and low
I have held in my hands the flowers fair
And smelt of their fragrance pure
And placed them in my hair
But I stand on an alien shore
Where the wind murmurs low and low
And is hushed in the night
And the flowers are growing
And blocking my path ...

2 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Your mother's poem is so beautiful - now I worry that you may throw something of importance away! Something small and unnoticed. They are the best things.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

I worry about that, too, which is why it takes me forever to go through my papers --- and is one reason I have so, so, so many boxes of them.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home