.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, December 18, 2004

My Christmas Present to Myself

While everybody else is buying themselves new cars or vacation getaways to Paris or bottles of aged whiskey, I'm gifting myself with The Almond Portabella Mushroom Kit.

I'm already growing reishi and oyster mushrooms in the plant room. And someday, when I become more experienced in the art of mycotechnology, I'll establish patches outdoors.

For now, however, indoor mushroom farming will have to do. Not to diss it --- it's actually an interesting process. But I'm looking forward to the day when shitake are springing from the downed logs in the hollow and garden oysters are nestled throughout the blueberry patch out front.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Ms. Green Thumb, eh?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

He. :=D

When I'm yelling at everyone to invest in heirloom seeds, I'm not kidding. :=D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home