.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Smoking

I've just quit smoking again, for the tenth or twentieth or thirtieth time. The quitting itself isn't so hard. Usually, if I just eat a lot of candy for a day or so, the process is fairly painless. My difficulty lies in staying quit, especially because I have to spend so much time working on the computer and doing tedious, close work.

That's what gets me every time.

So I spent this morning paying bills and doing the tedious things, then ran to the store, bought a lot of candy and smoked my last cigarette a few hours ago. A cold front is moving in, so it's the perfect time to quit. I'm hunkered in here with the bears, er, I mean, dogs and lots of good movies and comforters and blankets and candy. And I'm going to spend today and tomorrow on the sofa under the dogs and the comforters eating candy and watching movies and looking over stuff on the Internet.

Right now, it's Schindler's List. My history isn't the best, so I keep grabbing names from the movie and searching on them and coming up with some pretty interesting results.

By the way, fuck you, Tom Coburn, for your bizarre comments on Schindler's List. In fact, fuck you twice. Why don't you just mind your own business and spend your time trying to cover up all the underage women you've sterilized, instead of promulgating your bizarre notions of decency hither and yon.

Next is Apocalypse Now Redux. Then, I'll probably watch both of them again a time or two (I'm odd that way) and stay up late running searches on various aspects of them and staring at the ceiling.

So I'll see you all tomorrow. I'll likely be pretty hopped up on sugar, so be prepared to hang on to your hats.



2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Rob said...

All you have to do is avoid one cigarette...the first one :)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Well, this is the easiest quit yet. Which is encouraging.

Sugar's the secret for me. Apparently. nicotine's quite the sugar kicker, and I have low blood sugar problems anyway. So I was completely unable to even quit until I figured out the sugar part.

Now the trick for me is to ease my way through the next few months. I always seem to crack a few months into it. But I'm only teaching halftime next semester, however, so ... !

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home