.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Social Security ... Again

And once again, I urge everyone to bookmark Progressive Blog Digest. His roundups of all the pertinent news on the faux Social Security crisis are must-reads.

Today, it seems more people are jumping onthe issue, which is good news. But not enough.

Go. Read. Including the commentary. And remember to repeat, as often as possible:

There is no Social Security crisis --- there is a crisis of the general fund.

Or, as Chris Bowers puts it: Social Security is healthy and successful.

I am now back to grading --- wish me luck that I finish today. *sigh*

4 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Nick Burbules said...

Hi Cookie,

Thanks again for the link, as always!

Just to give credit, the phrase comes from Chris Bowers, via Matt Yglesias. I wish I was clever enough to come up with all these great insights myself, but mainly I just link to 'em.

http://yglesias.typepad.com/matthew/2004/12/pro_or_con.html

Happy holidays!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

Yes, but your roundup of links is great --- and the issue is so, so important. I want everyone to read you every day!

I'll change the attribution --- hazard of grading *gentle sobbing* that things are getting mixed up in the brain.

Anonymous Poet, your poetry is lovely! I'll certainly comment after I get through a bit more grading - :=D Nice treat for a tired mind.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Nick Burbules said...

Cookie said...

Yes, but your roundup of links is great --- and the issue is so, so important. I want everyone to read you every day!


I want that too! ;-)

Well, you are certainly doing your part to help make that happen. I hope you know how much I appreciate it.

Nick

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home