.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Thievery and indolence as Republican values?

Entirely anecdotal evidence perhaps, but interesting (and possibly even insightful) to consider.

I've just dealt with a rash of plagiarism in one of my classes. The same thing happened last spring.

And I suddenly realized all the students I have caught plagiarizing are supporters of the radical right. One of the plagiarists has been sending me religious tomes and pro-Bush narratives by email for several months. Yet another is gung-ho over Iraq. Etc.

I have yet to catch any of my Democratic, anti-government or Libertarian students cheating or plagiarizing in any way.

I think this is something that bears watching. I don't quite have a handle on what it might mean or how to search for evidence that the underlying *values* (or lack thereof) which drive plagiarism might be a widespread phenomenon through the right. But I'm going to begin compiling whatever evidence I can about these kinds of behaviors from the voting populus (not the leadership, but the little guys), and see what I come up with.

Stay tuned ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home