.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, January 03, 2005

Sign the petition, send your emails

UPDATE! The correct email is: stevenbrandesq@msn.com. And there is now a letter from the Birt's lawyer, Steven Brand, on Rob's Blog, as well as at Fair Treatment for our Soldiers (see sidebar). There are also links to other petitions for clemency for both Birt and Major Cathy Kaus.

From Rob's Blog, a response from Janet Birt, CW2 Darrell Birt's wife. Go to Rob's Blog for links to contacts. I've posted Janet Birt's response below --- apparently, clemency is going to require a bit of a blitz from military leaders, etc. Let's give them some motivation.

"Rob,
I wanted to say THANK YOU!! This past year was a very difficult year for me and my family. I am the wife of CW2 Darrell Birt, and I wanted to take the time to say how grateful we are for your gift of time spent spreading the injustice done to the 656th Transportation Co. I wanted to let you and everyone know, since my husbands release in October, not only did my husband loose his civilian job, he was not eligible to collect, receive any benefits and veterans affairs were not able to help because of
the incarceration record. My husband was able to do odd jobs, like digging ditches, tree trimming and various mechanical jobs to pay some of the bills. This man gave over 23years to this country, and our American system failed him. I want everyone to know because of his great faith in God, he has managed to hold us together as a family.

This is a New Year, and it is looking better. Since, his denial of clemency in August, we received information that Clemency has been re-opened because of elected officials inquiry to this injustice. We are in need of e-mail letters from any political represenatives, military leaders, active or retired. We have been given only 10days to send responses addressed to LT.Gen
Metz, who is the conveying authority over this case. Please spread this news and have e-mails sent to the attention of Steven Brand, he is the lawyer who has taken this case.
stevebrandesq@msn.com

God Bless All of You,
Janet, military wife"

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Rob said...

A correction, it's stevenbrandesq@msn.com. And there is a another petition, see both Fair Treatment for Our Soldiers (or my blog) for info.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Rob said...

I've updated both my blog and Fair Treatment with a letter from Steven Brand (CW2 Birt's attorney), fixed the email address for him, and added a second petition that has been circulating for the same issue, directed to Congress.

Whew...carpal tunnel :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home