.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, January 08, 2005

This week

This week, I wrote to the DNC and told them that unless they began espousing Democratic ideals again and unless they began standing up for Democratic ideals again and unless they quit pandering to corporate interests and smooth talking rightwing billionaires and winkydinking rightwing radicals, that unless they start being Democrats again pretty soon, I'm going to burn my voter card that says I'm a Democrat, and I'm going to register Independent.

I also wrote Barbara Boxer a thank you letter.

And I promised myself that, this semester, I won't put more work into teaching than I'm getting paid for. Although I know I won't keep this promise.

And now ... now, the most difficult of all. You know, in the past two weeks alone, I've made over $50 selling stuff there. But I just found out Amazon.com donated more to the fascists than to the Democrats.

And so, I'm closing all my open listings there and writing Jeff Bezos and telling him why. And you might not think that's such a big deal, except I've also spent untold money there the past few months on halogen lightbulbs and bathtub duckie appliques and shower mats and chenille bath rugs and a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker on sale (!) and a bathrobe for my oldest niece who just had a baby (little James Gonzales, the handsomest little boy on earth and no relation to The Evil Abu) and a strange kind of very long telephone line cord that splits so I can get the *&$%^& computer out of the living room. Etc.

Now I'm going to find out where eBay puts its money and I'll be very upset if they're also winger supporters because I've sold a good $100 worth of stuff there in the last couple of weeks and have a nice rousing auction going on at this very moment and was planning on trying to pawn off my Sanyo Portable Kerosene Heater on someone there sometime in the next week.

If they're winger supporters, however, it's going in the shed. Or to the local thrift. /end of rant



6 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Amazon...58% Blue/42% Red (according to http://www.choosetheblue.com/main.php)

eBay is 56% blue/44% red

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

dOOd! So I'm moving all my Amazon stuff to ebay!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Rob said...

But they are pretty much even on %'s as blue companies (in $, it's $118,813 blue/$86,804 red for Amazon, $144,776 blue/$113,753 red for eBay)

I'd say they were both pretty blue, though eBay is a bit more in the red as well.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I don't care. Amazon gave a larger percentage of the whole they donated to the wingnuts. Which tells me where their leanings are.

That won't do.

Besides, eBay keeps coming up with niftier stuff. Like i checked my auction last night and poof up popped a thing telling me where I could donate my poor deceased Mac (which was in the bathtub in the second bathroom that I was keeping closed up but is now in the bottom of a closet full of stuff that's driving me crazy)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Rob said...

:) I can see your point...though I'm still a bit of an Amazon addict. Conveinent at Christmas...

Jane is an eBay nut.

B&N is good and 98% blue, I got some gift cards for them this year (and man, are they fast...I went back about 3 hours after placing an order to change it, as I already had the book...and it had already shipped! On a weekend no less!)

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Yea, I just joined their affiliate program. :=D I can't sell there, but if Half.com's numbers are like eBay's, I'll just sell ... there!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home