.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wednesday Evening Tornado Blogging

I mean, come on now, people. It's January. The rest of the country is enjoying gloomy, soggy, grey slush and windchills of -45.

But not us. Cold fronts around here are never good news, and I knew it was fixing to get a little hairy while driving home through sheets of pouring torrential monsoon rains.

I decided it might be fun to do a little tornado blogging. So an hour or so ago, I was starting to upload satellite pics of storms in this area, captioning them in various ways --- 'This is what a tornado looks like on radar' and such. You know --- folk meteorology lesson.

And then the National Weather Service issued a tornado warning, with the center of rotation located about 6 miles southwest of me and headed northeast --- or straight toward me.

!!

So I put my tennis shoes on (the first rule is, always be prepared to run) and stationed myself between the computer (so I could refresh satellite) and the front door (so I could bail the minute the trees bent a bit too far over).

And I'm not sure what happened, but it looks like the tornado jumped us and is now wreaking havoc to the northeast of here, like a little Tasmanian Devil. Although around these parts, they claim they can split storms by throwing an axe just so in the ground.

I think it's all our trees and hills and water that break the storms up. But who am I? Maybe it's the axe-throwing.

In any case, it's now headed straight for Fayetteville and Siloam Springs, home to the Bubba side of my family --- so hey, Bubbas! Time to hit the ground!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home