.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Whose birthday is it?

This is an issue I was going to leave alone simply because it is so absolutely unbelievable. There are things to say about it, but I suspect you all don't need me doing a bunch of repeating the obvious.

First, via Progressive Blog Digest, there is this:

The Mississippi State Tax Commission may have received an unsual number of calls yesterday thanks to a very pleasant woman's voice on the outgoing message with the following greeting: Hello, you've reached the Mississippi State Tax Commission. On Monday, January the 17th, the state tax commission offices will be closed in observance of Robert E. Lee and Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthdays. Tax Comission offices will reopen on Tuesday, January the 18th. Office hours are from eight until five. Thank you. Have a safe and happy holiday.

Now couple that with the following, snippets of a thread on a farming forum inhabited by the most insane kinds of wingers. The forum requires registration, so I will post much of the thread here, with the reminder these are the people who got the Chimperor in office --- these are the people wanting to turn back our rights and take full control --- this is what we're up against, people, and this is what the radical right is really all about.

Happy Robert E. Lee Day! More than a general!
"Robert E. Lee was born January 19, 1807. He was the only cadet to go through the academy without one demerit. His inspirations in life were God and George Washington. It showed throughout his entire life in his service to country and God. He was offered command of the union troops at the onset of the War of Northern Aggression but refused to raise a sword against his family and native state. I have read MANY of his letters and they ALL had multiple references to God and his will. His slaves were set free long before the northern generals were forced to free theirs. He maintained corrospondence with several of them. His personal black steward went on to found three churches after the genocide had been completed. God bless Robert E. Lee!

Post #2

I guess you must be offended that it is Martin Luther King day.

Is it because he is black our are you still uspet that the confederacy lost the war?

Post #3

Intolerance rearing its ugly head inside you [...]?

Post #4


Quote:

Intolerance rearing its ugly head inside you [...]?


I would say it was the other way around [...] but with your poor logic I doubt you could see it.

[...] decided he needed to post a thread to compete with the Maritn Luther King one. Even phrasing the title the same.

So just where is the intolerance now.
[...] has already stated in another thread
"At the time, I tried to keep an open mind and tutored a black girl in algebra, in lieu of a study hall. I spent a career in government and in the military with all types of people. I now live in the Ozarks amongst whites and am much happier here."

Post #5

What is intolerant about that?

Is it intolerant that black posters on here have stated they want to move to an area with black people???

Also today is NOT MLK's birthday....it was the 15th....

Post #6 ...
Quote:
What is intolerant about that?

Is it intolerant that black posters on here have stated they want to move to an area with black people???


Like duh... Yes is a matter of fact it would be.
You really should invest in a dictionary.

Quote:
Also today is NOT MLK's birthday....it was the 15th....


It is a day that is celebrated for him - who said it was his birthday?

Post #7

As you are ignorant of such things:

Confederate Heroes Day - On the birthday of General Robert E. Lee (1807), Confederate heroes are honored. In some states this public holiday is celebrated on the third Monday in January.

Post #8

Intolerance:
1: impatience with annoyances; "his intolerance of interruptions" 2: unwillingness to recognize and respect differences in opinions or beliefs.

Where is there an unwillingness to recognise and respect differences in opinions or beliefs in stating you enjoy living with certain people???

You however DO seem to be intolerant of other peoples opinion and beliefs.

Post #9

are you really that dense that you can not find intolerance in copperheads statement?
"At the time, I tried to keep an open mind and tutored a black girl in algebra, in lieu of a study hall. I spent a career in government and in the military with all types of people. I now live in the Ozarks amongst whites and am much happier here."

Post #10

Not by the definition posted,however IF you use the definition of:
'Anything I don't like.'

You could then label him intolerant.

If you would like,I will find some MLK quotes showing a GREAT DEAL of intolerance,will you then label HIM intolerant???

Somehow I doubt it.

Post #11

What is intolerant about that statement? I like living around my own kind (white people). Actually, I love living around white people. You are baffling. Where you created by the teacher's union?

Post #12

Quote:

What is intolerant about that statement? I like living around my own kind (white people). Actually, I love living around white people. You are baffling. Where you created by the teacher's union?


So you don't like living in neighborhoods or communities that have any people of color?
Do they all the white folks have to be Christians or are Jews OK?

Post #13

I just told you what I like... I'll let you wrestle with that. I don't have a suburban but I do drive a one ton, crew cab, 4x4! Now, are you intolerant of christians?


Post #14

Quote:

I just told you what I like... I'll let you wrestle with that. I don't have a suburban but I do drive a one ton, crew cab, 4x4! Now, are you intolerant of christians?


You did not answer the question.
Do they all the white folks have to be Christians or are Jews OK?

What the heck does a suburban or 1 ton 4x4 have to do with this conversation?

Hey I have many Christian friends and relatives. As a matter of fact all my neighbors are Chirstians.

But I would gather to you the only real Chirstians are white ones!

Post #15

Lol [...], now, is Morris Dees of the Southern (should be "Southron") Poverty Law Center prompting you? So, now you've gone from race to religion?

Post #16

Not being against Blacks.But if [...] has the same people living around him,that I have.If I was black I would truly stay away.These people are truly dangerous.

Heck people around here will burn you out no matter what color you are,if they don't like you.

Post #17

If you look back.... you started the thread talking about Robert E. Lee and God.
I sure notice you do not want to answer any questions. What is the matter are you afraid to let your true colors show?
Are Jews OK in your neighborhood or just white Christians?
Seems like a pretty simple question to answer unless you feel you have something to hide.

Post #18

So what are we arguing about that multicultural is right and mono-cultural is wrong?

[...] feels enlightened as a result of growing up in a multicultural society and is now trying to persuade the obviously (deleted for name calling) Oz that such a society is the only way to achieve true enlightenment.

However, [...] on the other hand, has dipped his toe in both waters and prefers what a mono-cultural society has to provide and really doesn t give a **** what [...] thinks.

Did I get that all right?

How about we list the pros and cons of each?

Personally, I see no advantages to a multicultural society or should I say no culture society because that is what it is. People to busy telling other s what they can and can t display, what can and can t be on public land, what can and can t be taught, what can and can t be built, etc. If everyone holds the same general beliefs and values, then those problems greatly diminish. What you say, it sounds boring? Surprise surprise, some like it boring. How about some tolerance and accept these kinds of communities.

Problem is, people of other cultures move in and stir up the peaceful bliss, just like Mastiff has stired this thread. Just look through this thread, multicultralism is great isn't it?


I know not being pro-multicultural is anti-PC but someone has to call the elephant in the room.

Post #19

People with small minds do indeed belong in little corners of the world all by themselves with those that think the same.
They can go on thinking that theirs is the only way without any interference from others. They can maintain their ignorance of the rest of the world and it's cultures in total bliss.
"Ain't" segregation just grand it helps protect stupidity!

Post #20

Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor to the U.S. government and his military career ended in defeat, right?

Oh well, he's dead now.

Post #21


How come MLK has a day named after him and even Washington and Lincoln have to share a day called "President's Day"?

Post #22

I don't think they did say they want segregation............maybe it will surprise you, but often blacks are more comfortable around blacks, whites around whites. Probably because of this nonsense about what can and cannot be said around each other.

BUT, I think you have ADMITTED you want segregation............people who aren't like you "need" to be seperated. I guess there are double standards with your "tolerance", huh?

I hardly think these people are ignorant of other cultures.........but perhaps like many I know, they don't want to bother with the PC garbage from libs like you? Ever thought of that?

[...] IS intolerant towards Christians, THAT is a fact that has been proven several times.......

Now, so what if soemone wants to celebrate General Lee? Are you saying that even saying something good about him is racist or something here? Now that is real logical...... Now, try to explain why liking him is being racist.........

Post #23

Robert E. Lee was a fine Christian gentlemen, and one of my heroes. MLK was a fraud. His birth name was Michael. He plagiarized his doctoral thesis. He comitted adultery . He was surrounded by Communists and shared their beliefs and agenda. There are many fine black folks to admire, but MLK is not one of them.


Posts: 20

Post #24


Actually I think it WAS so the holidays would be on Mondays....

And YES,MLK is the ONLY american with a holiday named after him...

AND Confederate Heroes Day WAS yesterday....

[...] according to the foundig documents of this nation,the traitor was Lincoln.He forced states to rejoin the union,he illegally made a state and he arrested without trial those that opposed him.

He was not a nice man and started the downward trend in this natio of a centralised gov't.

Post #26

[...] It's perfectly natural for people to live in areas where they can relate to the local culture. There are still towns down south that have 0% black population. No black family wants to be the first to move in. I'm not saying it's right for towns to have that type of reputation, but it doesn't make the white folks that live there wrong for staying there.

People can only "interfere" as much as you let them. Bottom line, people have different preferences in the type of environment they want to live in. This doesn't make them "ignorant of the rest of the world and its cultures". In fact, they may be very knowledgable about the world and its cultures, and they've merely found their preference in their own little corner.

Birds of a feather flock together. There's nothing wrong with that.

It isn't forced segregation if it's voluntary by all parties.

Post #27

I never knew I was ignorant of other cultures...having lived in several and travelled around the world...LOL

Silly leftists,name calling is about all they have left.

All their 'wonderful' ideas are going down the drain of reality.

Post #29

Silly leftists,name calling is about all they have left.

All their 'wonderful' ideas are going down the drain of reality.

My point exactly, [...]! I, too, have travelled the world and lived for extended periods of time in other countries. I'm certainly not culturally ignorant, but I do have my preferences. Jeez! I even think I'm pretty accepting of most cultures. After all, how else could I (good ole baptist-raised southern girl) have ended up with my SO (100% Italian with a Brooklyn accent fiery temper)?

I will soon move to my "little corner" because that's where I want to be. I will try to be accepting of the small-minded "Mastiff-types", but more than likely, I won't have to deal with many of them unless I want to. Again, purely my preference.

Post #30

Is being described as a leftist name calling???

Surely accurately describing someone cannot be name calling...LOL

Same as slander-the truth cannot be slander.

Well except to a silly leftist.

Post! # 33

(Thinking out loud...)

[...] brings up Robert E. Lee's birthday and offers praise for a great American.

[...] comes along and spews hate and venom that was totally uncalled for.

Now, which one is the (deleted for name calling)?

Post! # 34

I thought this thread was about Robert E. Lee. So how did MLK get on it? Wrong thread I think. Isn't having a MLK Day reverse discrimination? If you don't think it is, can you explain why there isn't White Heritage Month? Or American Indian Heritage Month? Or Hispanic Heritage Month?
My son and dh are proud to be named after Robert E. Lee.
I have another question. If MLK was know for his non violence, and y'all are so proud of that, why is it ok to abort unborn babies? That's the most violent act I can think of."

And yes, it gets worse. But you know, there's only so much of it I can stand before my blood starts boiling and my ears start popping.

What unbelievably ignorant and dangerous people the wingers are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home