.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Why it is sometimes best to leave sleeping dogs lie

While reviewing the final papers of the student in question here, I discovered they had been, in large part, plagiarized. I was likely aware of this at a subconscious level when I first graded them, but simply didn't have time to pursue it.

I do now, however. :=D

So I suspect this sullen whiner and his bumptious hit squad may have finally learned their lesson: it's better to take your licks and learn from them than call up even bigger problems.

3 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

oo plagiarism, the WORST! I had one sister once write a poem *cough* right after I did... using many of the same, err phrases. I nearly popped my liver!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

It's absolutely the worst, isn't it? But so so so so so common.

Your latest post on your blog --- the one where you mention parents and kids at the park --- kind of skims along the edges of my own budding thoughts about the epidemic of plagiarism and why so many of these kids can't get it through their heads that they have to work and why this and why that and etc.

I haven't quite gotten there yet, but I'm circling it.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Leila M. said...

it's the grade, not the learning.

I was bored through most of my schooling, and rarely got and A unless I enjoyed the class. I was a monumental underachiever, but it was entirely intentional, too...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home