.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Work

On Monday, classes start again and I go back to work.

I'm not looking forward to it. It's not that I don't like working --- I actually enjoy all my little cowboy and Indian students --- it's that I have so much to do which has nothing to do with work.

During this break, I managed to get quite a bit done. I got drapes on all the windows for energy efficiency, and they actually look good. Athough they startled me at first --- I'm much too used to bright, open windows covered by just a hint of wooden blind.

A little time spent making valances from wacky vintage barkcloth solved that problem, however.

I also went through the savings like no one's business. But I managed to got a tornado shelter and surge protectors on the meters, two things I've worried over for months. I also replaced my rickety old electricity sucking appliances with all new energy efficient ones.

And I got about 1/3 of the way through painting the ceiling.

In addition, for the first time in almost two years, or since I bought this place, I opened the door to the tiny second bathroom, got everything out of there, cleaned it, and got it halfway painted. Hopefully, I'll finish painting it today.

But I didn't finish the coldframes in the greenhouse. Or get all the wonderful, manure laden straw out of the old barn. Or finish the floors. Or start the back porch (which I've desperately wanted since the moment I bought this place). Or figure out some kind of economical, energy efficient way to heat this place.

But I got somewhere and enjoyed every minute of it.

And now, it's back to grading. *sigh*

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger MJ said...

I am doing some very successful grading procrastination this weekend. I love your descriptions of your house, drapes, heating dilemmas, food and all of your projects. It reminds me of my life some time ago - living in a cabin, birthing kids at home, cutting down trees for warmth, living on very little. Of course in reality your life is probably nothing like I imagine. Moe has a theory that every blogger is just the opposite of what they present themselves to be. She thinks you are a black man living in Detroit. Whatever. Your blog has passion, I love coming to it.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

LOL!!! Tell AJ I'm actually a real estate tycoon in Miami doing all my blogging by wireless from expensive restaurants and airplanes.

I've really been enjoying the Mexico series on your blog, BTW. I check every morning to see if there's a new installment. :=D

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Oops! I mean, Moe!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home