.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Low tech

P123

A couple of years ago, I gave up on electric coffee makers and invested in a porcelain Melitta with gold filter. It had been years since I'd had an electric coffee maker that was at all satisfactory. And no way was I going to invest in an espresso machine --- I love espresso, but all I wanted was the ability to make a decent cup of coffee without a bunch of bells and whistles and doodads. A cup of coffee that wouldn't taste burnt after sitting in the pot for 15 minutes. Just a plain good cup of coffee. Not so much to ask for.

I finally decided on a porcelain Melitta drip. I was a bit worried about it --- after all, I have large hairy four legged beasts running madcap through the house.

But I haven't regretted it for one minute.

Not only is the pot in as good a shape as when I bought it, it makes a great cup of coffee. And because hot water is simply poured over the coffee, with no heating element below, the leftover coffee is suitable for iced coffee or ice cream in the summer. Or feeding the blueberries (which love coffee). In the winter, I simply make less, that's all.

All in all, one of the smartest things I ever did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home