.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Public Enemy No. One



Above is a photo I found on the internet of a bunny. Cute, you say. Darling! you cry. How sweet!

NOT.

The bunny out back has eaten all forty of my echinacea plants. Some of which were two-three years old. And giant. And thriving.

I suspected as much a few days ago. But it was only when I began digging under all the straw mulch I'd buried them in for winter that I discovered --- the bunny has eaten them. All forty of them.

The bunny is in deep doodoo because I am now on the hunt for anti-bunny defense materials.

It's now me vs. the bunny.

5 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger GalacticAdventuress said...

Ack! My heart goes out to you. Mike McGrath has some helpful hints about rabbits here:

http://tinyurl.com/42nvh

Love your blog name, btw.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Okiedoke said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Okiedoke said...

Echinacea? You must have some healthy rabbits! ;)

Our garden fence works well at keeping out rabbits, but not gophers. But here's a story that may cheer you up.

Coming home two nights ago my headlights came upon a barred owl on our road crouched over something. I smiled as the owl ascended with a struggling fluffy-tailed varmint in its clutches.

I like rabbits OK, but I like owls too.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Ooooooh, owls!

Owls carry off bunnies. !

I had moles a year or so ago, and drenched the yard in castor oil --- it actually worked. I don't know if it would work for gophers, though.

Galactic, thanks for reminding me about mike McGrath - I'd completely forgotten about him. He's great and I know he has a solution!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

ooo we have one inj the neighborhood, and I dread dealing with it and the garden this year! I may by a no kill trap and release it at Mohawk park or somehting

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home