.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Sunday, February 06, 2005

What is your eco-footprint?

Plutonium Page has posted another great diary over at Kos about the conference on global warming and how very swiftly we're careening right into disaster.

One of the responses included a link to an ecological footprint calculator, which assesses om a very basic way how you're impacting the planet.

If I didn't commute, I would have scored at 46% of the normal North American.

Unfortunately, I commute. And I've just been hired through next year, so that isn't going to change any time soon.

Even with commuting, however, I still score at less than 70% of the average N. American, which is frightening.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Food Footprint 3.24 acres (I'm working on it!)
Transportation Footprint 8.86 acres (I commute...only about 5 miles each way, I'm horrid, I know)
Housing Footprint 1.57 acres (my place is pretty small...I should get credit for no A/C or heat, too!)
Other Footprint 5.04 acres


YOUR TOTAL FOOTPRINT is 18.71 acres.

IN COMPARISON
Your footprint measures 74.27% of an average North American's footprint and 84.17% of an average MEC Eco-Footprint Calculation (based on average results from this calculator)

:) Hawaii...avgage of about 6,000mi/yr on our cars, just not much driving on a 40 mile wide island. My next car is going to be a hybrid, though...I love my yellow Saturn SC2, but it only gets 25-30 mpg).

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

It's scary, isn't it? !

I'm going to look around to see if I can find other ecological footprint quizzes which are more complete. I'm now determined to somehow balance that I'm having to commute 3 times a week.

One place I fell down was ... I eat too much. !!!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

Food Footprint 3.54 acres
Transportation Footprint 2.08 acres
Housing Footprint 2.83 acres
Other Footprint 3.12 acres


YOUR TOTAL FOOTPRINT is 11.57 acres.

Your footprint measures 45.93% of an average North American's footprint and 52.05% of an average MEC Eco-Footprint Calculation (based on average results from this calculator).

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home