.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, February 14, 2005

Why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good potato with partially hydrogenated oils?



It's Valentine's Day, I know, and the analogy is trite and overused and the bunch of you are sick to death of it, but I don't care.

Because this New York Times article leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. I mean, come on now, people, why would anyone eat this horrid, disgusting, artery clogging, toxic crap, especially when it takes absolutely no effort to just take a nice fresh potato, cook it either baked or (my current fave) sliced thin and fried sans oil in my George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine with a little basil or some rosemary or maybe even some oregano, if I'm feeling sassy --- especially good if you have some nice Vidalia onions sliced thin and grilled up with the potato.

Then a dollop of real butter or olive oil, if you're so inclined, and it's fabulous and so much better than that deadly killing drek from McDonald's.

Try it with sweet potatoes, too. Oh. My. GOD! Seriously yummy, there's nothing better than homemade sweet potato chips.

Well, okay, there is. But that's beside the point.

The point is, if you're still eating all that CRAP with partially hydrogenated oils, stop it! Stop it now! Go read the article and just STOP IT! Look, I'm the most spaced out person on the planet - I don't even know what day it is half the time and I'd be perfectly content to lay on the sofa staring at the ceiling for days on end meandering around somewhere off in Dreamland --- and trust me, if I can get it together to cook real food for all my meals, so can you because I'm certain there's no way you're even half the space case I am.

Just stop it. Don't eat that crap!

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger KCB said...

The image of the Dunkin Donuts food guys trying to keep transfat-free icing from slithering off a donut is like something out of a foodie 'Clueless.' Ohmigod, how did they make these things before transfats were invented?

I eat my share of junk, but really, foodcos pleading that they can't cook without this sludge is inane. What they mean is they can't make something that will remain inert for weeks before ingestion. Gross.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Exactly! Many moons ago, I worked as a baker and made desserts for restaurants on the side (out of a tiny, tiny kitchen in a tiny apartment, no less :=D ), and NEVER used these disgusting oils! NEVER!

And one of my best friends has a very successful bakery, and never uses that crap.

There's no reason for it except to up the profit margin and, just like you said, make things so dead that they look exactly the same four years after they're first manufactured.

Disgusting stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home