.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, March 25, 2005

It's not that I've abandoned you all completely ...

Or that I've left behind the political ...

I've been following the Schiavo case, Social Security, all the nuttiness going on.

But I'm especially distracted right now.

One of the things that's going on, in addition to my brother and the inevitable chaos and the natural stages of mourning, and in addition to the chaos of students and the end of the semester careening at us and all the panicking, and in addition to seeds desperate to be planted in beds which haven't been built yet ...

In honor of my brother, I'm taking a physics approach to his death.

I mean, he wasn't quite a physicist, but close, but I'm not going to tell you what because that would be telling you too much and it really isn;t any of your business anyway, now is it? Fess up! It's not.

But he was close enough to it that it works and he had a professed inclination to Hinduism.

So in addition to The Tivetan Book of the Dead and the companion book, Luminous Emptiness, I'm preparing to hunker down in books on physics, St Thomas Aquinas, how materialism sucks and how physics can prove it and what all this has to do with not simply Buddhism, but Hinduism.

My brother would be pleased.

Although I'm still pissed at him.

4 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger MJ said...

It isn't any of my business what your brother was. That would be telling me too much. So I wouldn't think of prying. Absolutely not.

So what was your brother?

Are you hunkered down? How is your sister doing?

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

He. :=D

My sister is doing great. I'm really glad I was investigating the NDE stuff and needling her before this happened because this one really sent her into a tailspin. But I was actually able to talk her through it via her NDE, and she's now (gasp!) reading Buddhist texts and is totally into it.

!

And me, I'm doing really good, too. The whole thing has sent me back into my natural inclinations, which are pretty Buddhist anyway.

The person who's suffering the most is his wife, and not just for obvious reasons. There's a lot of background here I'm unwilling to go into but suffice it to say, in my immediate family, we've gone through this enough to know how important it is to take care of the people you love.

She hadn't learned that lesson, though. I was boiling mad at her for several days, but have calmed down, thankfully, and just decided what is is - I'm very glad, too, because I've been avoiding her because I was too scared I'd reveal my anger toward her. But, she's suffering horribly and I absolutely don't want to contribute. She should have known better - she didn't - and she's paying mightily for it. Lesson learned, unfortunately too late. :-(

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

currently reading the Tao of Islam, here. a real brain fark, I say.

But of course... it's so my business... it's the nature of the blog... voyeurism!!!

*hug* Im messin wicha

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

ps you should go to that thingy in Tulsa I posted for April. wallah go go

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home