.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, April 01, 2005

I'm thinking!

I'm still thinking and meditating on things.

It may take me a couple more weeks to get back in the swing of the blog. Of course, it's all complicated because the end of the semester's coming around (gack!) and I'm still working on gardens and I have to do my taxes.

But I'm basically still pretty scattered.

Although I got up the courage and got a rain barrel today. Which pretty much commits me to getting gutters which I don't have. So that pretty much means no new fence for a year or so. Although it does mean I can start working on putting all our torrential rains to good use.

By next year, I also plan to have my well up and running. So ... town water for cooking. Well and rain water for watering, toilets, washing dishes. And maybe in a couple of years, I could get myself completely off town water. Although I doubt it. It would require completely replumbing the place.

So there's that --- as for the (*&%$#@#$% mouse --- damned if I know! I've looked everywhere, cleaned out everywhere and there's no sign of a mouse anywhere.

?

All I can figure is maybe he accidentally ran in the front door the other day and then somehow got back out. Because I can't find the least sign of a mouse anywhere.

?

Except I just saw him run under the refrigerator. And I just moved the refrigerator and found ... nothing. No sign of him whatsoever.

There is no mousey poop anywhere. I vacuumed out that stove like there's no tomorrow --- not a sign of a mouse. Except I just saw him again.

*sigh*

3 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Leila M. said...

gutters are a must! We dont have them in the back.. and we have a errr water problemo in the crawlspace. Also makes foundations tilt!!!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Oh, all right. I guess I can accept the fact that you have a life, even if I DON'T. Maybe I will get that box of student papers out of the trunk, although I haven't procrastinated to the last possible moment yet.

Maybe the mouse is your friend.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

Yea, I've known I need gutters for a long time --- but I need everything here, so what are you gonna do?

So gutters it is. I'm not even going to try to find anyone local to do it --- I've given up on these guys, although a local guy is who put my roof on and a local guy did the septic and ... but it's too hard trying to track down the reliable ones because they're always working because they're reliable.

So I'll be paying a visit to the local lumber stores next week and talking gutters.

MJ, leave those papers in the trunk! What are you thinking???

And the mouse is not my friend. Noooo. The mouse is a menace causing me untold worry by refusing to leave any trace of himself behind --- no telltale mouse poop, no mousey nest, no gnawed through electrical wiring --- nothing!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home