.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Plan

1. Affix boards to the two supporting posts on the eastern side of the front porch. The boards must span the length of the porch.
2. Cut some other boards into 2' lengths. Attach to the front and back (respectively) of the supporting posts.
3. Cut down some of my big square beams. Use as corners. Hammer 2' boards into them. Attach long boards on inside.
4. Voila! Almost a strawberry bed ...
5. Put down waterproofing on boards which will be beneath the bed.
6. Lay down some material (combination of cardboard, plastic and weedcloth).
7. Fill with peat, straw, manure, compost.
8. Plant strawberries. And maybe some extra basil, echinacea and whatever.
9. Enjoy watching bunnies freak out because they don't know how to get up on the front porch, so they can't reach the strawberries. Maybe even laugh an evil taunting laugh at the frustrated bunnies wanting to eat all my strawberries.

3 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Getting ready to go to the salt mines, I was thinking about you this morning, and hope you have a happy day. This sounds like a good bunny-foiling plan!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

The neighbors aren't convinced it will work. The bunnies are driving everyone crazy apparently.

Last fall, I found bunnies making a nest beneath one of my tomato plants in what I THOUGHT was a bunny-proofed bed. Grrr! I was wrong.

I'm beginning to feel like Elmer Fudd.

How was your day? I'm going to mosey over to your blog in a minute and see myself ...

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger MJ said...

It was Monday. Need I say more? The students were all brainless today. Collective brainlessness. They complained about watching a MOVIE.

I like the sound of your busy life. Hope you can find your calico bonnet for the womens' meeting. You gotta tell us all about it!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home