.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Rainwater catchment

Today, shortly before I saw a herd (yes, a herd) of bunnies dashing into my backyard and frolicking (&^%$#@%%!!), I managed to get my first rain barrel set up.

Since I don't yet have gutters, I set the rain barrel to catch the runoff from the composting slash potting shed attached to the raised bed (with tomatoes, basil, sage, echinacea, pinks, and now sorrel and some other stuff) and grape arbor.

My plan is to get gutters installed next month, then set up more rain barrels beneath the downspout.

In any case, digging through the archives at Mother Earth News, I found some excellent articles on rainwater catchment. Here's a link to one, for those who might be interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home