.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, April 15, 2005

Rural Intrigue: The Honker Mystery

For about three weeks now, some guy in a red pickup has been driving by here and honking. It happens a few times a day, with the first honk usually sometime around 7 a.m. and the last, between 8-9 p.m.

The thing that concerns me is this: I'm worried it's some old geezer who's decided I'm just the right little lady for him and he can convince me with some big old wallet full of bank account numbers of something.

Of course, there's always the possibility it's a certain ex of mine, although I really don't think so, given all my exes either live miles away or are on Death's Doorstep, thanks to their idiotic overindulgence in ... in ... in whatever.

About all I know is honking is some kind of weird Hillbilly Love Call, surpassed only by the willingness to rassle a cow off your porch without asking for recompense. Or doing tractor work.

Instinct tells me it's some kind of geezer looking for a younger woman to spend all his money and take out for biscuits and gravy, to show off to the boys.

Problem is, damned if I want some geezer hanging around.

This is yet another good lesson to the women out there on the utility of large hairy dogs who look scary.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger KCB said...

Yikes! Could this fellow be the source of the cackling in your garden at night?

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I don't think so.

My dogs go crazy whenever people get too close to my place, and they're interested in this odd sound in the same way they're interested in animals sounds. Their ears perks up, all that. If it were a human sound, they'd be growling and letting off little warning barks.

If it's not a haint :=D , it's some critter mating call. Which might include birds of some kind. Big birds. We have pelicans, you know. :=D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home