.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, April 18, 2005

Today

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing. The day after is the anniversary of another brother's death.

I'd forgotten. I'm actually proud of myself that I'd forgotten. Especially because I was so worried because tomorrow will also be the one month anniversary of my oldest brother's death.

I don't have much to say about it. I remember the morning after it happened, driving to the house. It was so, so foggy and so wonderfully spring green with redbuds and dogswoods and azaleas and flowers everywhere just bursting out, set against that wonderful spring fog we get. Every church bell for miles was ringing, in honor of the Oklahoma City Bombing. And I knew that she'd died because she couldn't handle the anniversary of the bombing so close to the anniversary of the death of her son.

A night or so later, I dreamt she came running up to me as a 6 year old child, smiling and happy. She stood and smiled at me for a moment, then ran off into a field. I knew then it was okay that she'd died, even though still today, i sometimes grab the phone to call her and tell her what unusual bird I saw out back.

I remembered with a shock while waterproofing the bunny proofed strawberry bed on the front porch that I built yesterday. She'd approve. She never lived anywhere that she didn't plant strawberries.

So that's where I got that from.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger KCB said...

Bless your heart, that's a lot of anniversaries clustered in one spot. Take it easy this week.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home