.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Tomato Update and Teacher's Revenge

Well, I had extensive damage from the frost. Looks like the mammoth sunflowers and birdhouse gourds got whopped pretty good, too.

But, after a little watering and some worrying over, it looks like the tomatoes and basil MIGHT survive.

In celebration of this, I've taken all old student work in my possession and am currently shredding and crumpling it to use as compost in my newly built strawberry bed on the front porch.

Revenge was never so sweet ...

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger KCB said...

I'll keep my claws crossed for your tomatoes. Happy shredding!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

how come you got a frost? I'm north of you and we didn't!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

It's very weird! What I had were patches of frost, and in the weirdest areas!

My tiny crepe myrtle is now toast, while the iris and blueberry bushes right next to it didn't get a bit of frost damage. And it didn't frost in the backyard, but it did in three spots in the front.

Very, very weird. I think it might be because we're a lot more humid than you all, thanks to the river and Tenkiller. But I don't know!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home