.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Cats

I really don't like cats. I used to, then I moved out here. And I simply have way too much to protect here to let some *&@#$ cat hunt and eat it all.

I have skinks and frogs and toads and hummingbirds and bluebirds and woodpeckers and just about everything else, and I'll be damned if some freaking cat comes on my property and starts hunting it.

Which brings me to the neighbor's cat, who is doing exactly that. I chased her off the place yesterday --- and like a sign from the heavens above, saw hummingbirds feeding on clover --- that is, at ground level --- almost immediately after.

I want that cat to stay off my property. If they want to have a cat, fine with me - but I have the same right to have my hummingbirds and bluebirds and skinks.

If anyone has any useful suggestions for keeping this cat off my property, let me know.

3 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

spray the little booger with a water gun each time you see him outside. It really pisses them off lol (got that from grandpa)

Here's some more, including a plant you can put in to deter them: http://www.rspb.org.uk/gardens/advice/deterrents/cat_deterrents.asp

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Ooooh, thank you!

She's hanging around down in my hollow, too. I wish people would get it through their thick skulls just how mych damage cats can cause in an environment like this. They're much worse than dogs.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

yes, theyre potential problems, no doubt. I like cats, but they're always semi-wild, can go feral, and take over whole sections of cities (and of course the country, too). Invasive species, basically. Hey Nat'l Geo had an article about invasive species...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home