.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, May 06, 2005

Day Two, Grading Marathon

I find myself trapped in a miasma of ethical dilemma. Many of these students are hoping to get into a competitive nursing program, and it is within my power to block the way.

So I'm spending hours staring at the ceiling, considering whether I would want someone caring for me who thought the following was a suitable expression in English:

"The weather chaning faster than they had predicted them, in from the next century, too few week ahead. Worn about weather coming sooner until a hit of strong storms hit everywhere. To predict global climate trends, climatologists accumulate large historical databases and use them to create computerized ... "

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

I just found plagiarized paper four (or is that six?) for this round. Damn!

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Wow. That's extreme. I don't even know if I've read one that bad. It's kinda trippy sounding, huh. I kinda like it. Like postmodern writing.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

The disparity between the students is even more frightening than how bad some of them are.

Really.

I can't figure out how some of them made it to college.

Oh wait --- yes, I can. THEY'RE THE ONES DOING ALL THE PLAGIARIZING!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger KCB said...

I so don't want that person administering my meds.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

My feelings exactly.

My test --- The scenario: I'm careening toward death. That death can be prevented by proper insertion of a simple IV at the right moment or administration of a drug with a name quite similar to another drug, with one of the drugs being my cure and the other, the road to sure death.

Do I believe this student has the potential to:
1. follow doctor's orders;
2. recognize a developing crisis;
3. be where he/she is supposed to be, and not in the bathroom fixing his/her hair;
4. distinguish between medications;
5. not be on the telephone ordering pizza.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home