.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Garden Blogging 2

Okay, some of these were taken in the evening from my porch (because I was still in my jammies --- and I still am today because I'm still painting!), so the color quality isn't great. But as soon as I get out of my jammies, I'll go out and take better pictures.

Pinks --- true heirloom pinks. I can't remember the exact origination, but I do know they were in my hillbilly granma's garden, then an aunt's garden, then my dad's garden and now mine. This is my third generation from the original pinks I brought down here.
pinks

Treebeard! The hickory tree on the right in this photo looks exactly like Treebeard during the winter months. When I first moved here, a big wind came through one evening and snapped the top off and across the road, causing the first traffic jam in the hisotry of the community. Seven cars stuck out in front of my place! Within minutes, however, everyone piled out with their chainsaws and cut that huge hickory into firewood. I wasn't sure it could survive, but it has, and how! The bluebirds especially love it.
hickory

Another blueberry picture.
bloobs

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger KCB said...

Everything looks good -- those blueberries look especially tasty! Maybe my blackberries could use some cofee.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

good shot! If I had those, it'd be raided by the BIRDS

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home