.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Rethinking this whole thing

I'm not sure I should be teaching anymore.

Maybe I'm horribly burnt out. I don't know. But I'm down to my last dime of patience, and I don't have a bit left for most of these guys.

The students who are trying, that's different. It's really satisfying to get a student who's had a hideous education, but has decided for whatever reason they're going to get themselves some learning.

The ones who are trying to slip by, though? My patience is so gone. So gone.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Yea, I hear you. I gave my students the "don't dumb yourselves down" lecture today. They get irate when you expect them to work. They want to do "projects". They have come to expect that. So no wonder there is a problem at your level.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Making matters worse, I go in today and am informed by the entire office that everyone "loves" me. They really "love" me.

They're killing me! Freaking killng me!

I haven't gotten to the bottom of the problems here, except there's a mess of them. I'm fixing to start lowering the boom on them, though.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home