.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, June 03, 2005

Shameless Liberation

I'm going out in my jammies and putting together the composter on the front porch. To hell with you and your fucking clothes. I'm in my jammies and if you don't like it, you can go blow.

If I didn't live right off a dirt road (frequently travelled by humans, horses and lost coonhounds), I'd just go out in my undies and put that sucker together.

This is all the result of a flash of insight from a few days ago: out here in the middle of nowhere, most people are in their jammies most of the time. They're mowing in their jammies. They're feeding the chickens in their jammies. They're up at the little local feedstore - barbeque - laundromat - gas station - pizza parlor - loan shark in their jammies.

And if they live farm enough off the road, most of them are out there for all the world to see in their birthday suits. Na. Ked. That's right: stark raving naked. Except in December.

You can't imagine the things I've put off doing here because I was in my jammies. But no more. This is true freedom.

4 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger MJ said...

The students wear jammies to school. And why NOT? (I'll answer that. Because we are teaching them to be good little workers in the capitalist system.) It's amazing how much concern exists for the way people dress, and how much conformity is expected. I could rant about this one.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

That's one way it differs here from other places. Most of my stidents are dressed to the nines, but have no idea what a comma is, much less a period. Exclamation points, on the other hand ... !

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger MJ said...

I am losing faith in the human race! Last week after a day filled with particularly stupid questions, I was overtaken with this depressed feeling that humans are basically idiots. Mallory thinks kids have lost some ability to process information, or think critically, problem solve, whatever. I don't know if people have changed or not, but HOLY SHIT we are a dumb species.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

I agree. I was pretty squirrelly when I was a kid, but GEEEZ! But I seem to have gotten a little smarter every year --- but a lot of people don't and are just as dumb as when then were 17.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home