.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, July 30, 2005

I'm driving myself crazy

Yesterday, after almost three years of painting them, I finally got the kitchen cabinets painted what I thought was the right color. I'd originally panted them bright white, except that every kind of poly I used on them would end up discoloring them. So I finally opted for an off-white --- Navajo, to be exact --- and a polyurethane which USUALLY casts a milky tone. I was sure I could make it work.

So i finished repainting them yesterday --- and went to poly them a few hours ago.

And I'll be damned if the poly didn't cause the paint to roll off in distressingly messy clumps.

Which led me to mix together all the bargain paint I got at the paint store a few weeks ago and apply to the cabinets.

And it's not bad, not really --- a kind of blueish-sage color, except kind of pastely but not really. The problem is, I now have to repaint the entire kitchen to match what I've done to the cabinets.

5 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Are you wearing yourself out again? It is wearing me out hearing about your projects (-: Are you ok?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I'm fine --- this is fun wearing myself out. I love doodling around the place.

It's work that wears me out. Blegh! Classes just got out and I don't want them to start again. Blegh!!!

Besides, the major painting mistake :=D looks pretty good. I'm shocked. It's requiring an attitude adjustment from me, but I think I like it.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Good. Sometimes mistakes can open our minds. I know how you are feeling about classes starting up again. It feels like impending doom to me. I try to pack the thought in a back corner of my mind and ignore it, but it's hard. I can't imagine what it would be like to work in a supportive atmosphere where administrators trusted and motivated their staff. Blah blah blah here comes Gidget again. I just have to scheme a way OUT. (Sorry, this was meant to be uplifting (-:

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

The thought of classes starting gives me a major anxiety attack. I can't even tell you how much I just want to stay home and doodle --- mow, paint, plow, cut dowqn trees, whatever --- anything would be better. Unfortunatey, I'm not a billionaire. < whimper >

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger MJ said...

I KNOW. Anything would be better. I'm with you. *snif snif*

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home