.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Post-unexplained-malaise gardening update

Well, the unexplained exhaustion took a serious toll on the garden. The problems can be traced to two specific failures: inadequate watering because everytime I went to water, I fell asleep instead; and, way hot temps which scorched a mess of stuff.

Including some gorgeous tomatoes which are now compost-worthy, at best.

Damn. I lost probably 15-20 pounds of tomatoes.

Damn.

But I only lost them in one place, which is the bed which also has three grapes (two variegated and a Niagara) and some basil. The bed is in full sun about 3/4 of the day. Which works for some people, but has never worked for me. My tomatoes have always grown best when they're in shae 3/4 of the day.

So I'm pulling the nice salvagable green ones off and bringing them in.

Damn. I was really looking forward to those tomatoes, too.

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

mine were pecked by birds! I lost perhaps two dozen big ones!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home