.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, July 29, 2005

Velvet ants. Crap.

I've got velvet ants.

I really can't stand these critters. Aside from their sting being so horrible that they're nicknamed cow-killers, velvet ants are parasitical on honey and bumblebees.

Crap.

I really don't mean to keep whining about it, but this is the main reason why it was so very, very problematic that I didn't say a big fat NO! to the friend needing day and days and days of help. During the summer --- well, year round, but especially this time of year --- I have to take very good care of this place so I don't get poisonous snakes and rats and mice and critters like this all over the place here.

Damn. I'm now fixing to go use pesticide for the first time since April. Damn.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Okiedoke said...

That's how pesticides should be used. We've been lucky so far by harvesting most of our crops before the pests take over.

And speaking of pests, we just beheaded our second visiting copperhead in as many weeks. No ant problems though. I think the scorpions must eat them.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Gah! I've been very, very lucky not to have found (so far) any copperheads. Although the first summer I was here, I came upon a nest of pygmy rattlers. GAH!!

The snakes are a big reason I'm so fanatical about mowing.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home