.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The new bluebird

I've had Western Bluebirds here for forever, but a month or so ago, a new kind of bluebird showed up. And I'm almost positive it's an Eastern Bluebird. I should know --- Eastern Bluebirds were my favorites when I was a kid --- but these guys are so much deeper blue than I remember. Not the best pics, but definitely the best I've been able to get of them so far.

newbb3

newbb

They appear to be getting ready to nest here, and are having mighty battles with the cardinals who aren't at all happy about this turn of events.

8 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger MJ said...

This bird is so beautiful. I think it, alone, could make life worthwhile.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger KCB said...

That bird just made my toddler stop crying! Beautiful and talented!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger MJ said...

That bird just prophesied the future. Hallelulia!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger grammydeb said...

Hi Cookie. Beautiful pictures of a gorgeous bird. I don't think it is an eastern bluebird, though. It looks more like an Indigo Bunting. I had them at my feeders for about two weeks a few years ago. They were beautiful but very skittish, so I didn't get pictures. See ya, Deb

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

grammydeb, you're right!

I have some more pics of them I'll post tomorrow evening.

MJ, they ARE that beautiful! Really! And Redneck Mother, keep an eye out, they'll be more pics of it tomorrow to calm a little toddler. :-D

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger MJ said...

You ok? Just busy?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Ngggarrgh! I am *way* busy. I've been mowing a grading and doing lessons. But i think I have some time this weekend (knock on wood).

How about you? How are yu feeling? How's classes?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger MJ said...

No classes yet (they start Monday). Just 2 teacher work days (meetings meeting meetings and preparation). I'm exhausted! But now I have 4 days to rest. Whew!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home