.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hummers!

I can't believe it --- I finally got pics of a hummingbird! They're not the best, but they're a start.

Mind you, this also convinces me to plant lion's ear next year. I'd pretty well decided against it --- the plants are just huge, with one or two nearly 9'. Ridiculous! But I've never seen the hummingbirds so crazy for any flower. They're positively bonkers. So the lion's ear stays.

Look for the blur. :-) Not only is the hummer frantically winging, it's quite windy out, so the plants are swaying. The blur is the giveaway.

hummer9

hummer4

hummer2

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Leila M. said...

I saw one here in the city a few days ago and nearly popped my liver with excitement! How COOOOLS

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Leila, when I got home from a HORRIBLE day today, I pulled up and saw not just the hummingbird at the lion's ear again ... but Monarch butterflies!

More than made up for one shitty shitty day!!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger KCB said...

Lurvely photos. I can't wait for them to get this far south!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home