.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I won

I honestly didn't expect it, given how many wonderful --- and more consistent (!) --- bloggers there are, and how very negligent I've been the past couple of weeks.

And I honestly don't mean to spin it, but like almost everything the past few days, I find myself feeling that it's so important to really cherish the sight of a hummingbird at the Indian Peace Pipe and loofah flowers, or a baby bumblebee getting stuck inside a giant moonflower, or the discovery of a hive in the ground, or getting in jammies at 8 pm and watching movies, or the feeling of accomplishment from winning an award ---- because there are now thousands and thousands dead from Katrina and thousands and thousands who have lived through an Apocalypse Now scenario, and you and I both know that standing at the front door at midnight to savor giant moonflowers is now beyond them.

So thank you to Mike at OkieDoke (AKA Vintage Okie Opinion on the blogroll for creating and hosting the awards, and triple quadruple thanks to everyone who voted for me, despite how flakey I am!

Once the batteries on my camera get revved back up, I'll reward you all with pictures of giant moonflowers --- they're even bigger this year than last.

okblogs05side

6 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger KCB said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Cookie! It's good to see something nice, you know?

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Leila M. said...

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Right on, put it on your sidebar!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

I'm just totally shocked. I mean, let's get real --- I truly am a complete flake.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Yippee! Let's party! I am really happy for you!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

http://blogginleft.blogspot.com
I have the same feeling about mr. coburn...you can read some of my thoughts...
i'll be regular visitor to your blog...thanks!!!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

Woah. Another not red Okie!

Hurray! :=D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home