.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Student Vampire

One of my students is sucking the lifeblood out of everything around him. He's completely spoiled, lazy, a liar, ah gosh charming, self centered --- verging on psychopathic. His parents (predictably) are wealthy and have never demanded he suffer consequences, at least according to a friend whose mother has been their cleaing lady for the last ten years. It's one calamity after another, all paid for in cash. Republican, I might add. His only comment about Katrina has been "Aren't all those people, uh, bla- uh, wel- uh, poor?" Junior Bush.

He plagiarized last spring and harassed me most of the summer over it. I was shocked to see him in my classes this fall. But he apologized for his behavior, and I thought perhaps he'd turned a corner.

I. WAS. WRONG. For starters, I've already caught him cheating on a test, lying to get credit for something and explicitly ignoring classroom policy concerning late work because he doesn't think it applies to him --- and he assumes he's smarter than me.

And I let him have it yesterday. I let him have it in front of the entire class. Best of all, I let him have it with the blessing of the administration.

I called him a vampire. I said you're a vampire, you steal all of my energy amd demand all of my time and want the attention of the entire class and everyone around you, yet you do nothing to deserve our attention or evern acknowledgement. You're a thief.

It didn't even phase him. Yet another product of rich Republicans. Yet another Bush.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Ooh! I like this Cookie. Hopefully it will make your life easier and not harder!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Leila M. said...

shit, i don't even vaguely remember this type of student when I was in college! a few paper fakers, but that's all I ran across. That's a lil scary

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

Leila, they're out there for sure. I had one at another university who forged documentation from his doctor, then began harassing me. I wasn't the only one he was doing it to, and he ended up permanently banned.

This one is more the variety of the student at OU who got caught with a bomb on a plane --- jst your run of the mill rich boy sociopath.

I want him to just drop --- but I also refuse to allow him to run the class. From the point on, he simply gets ignored and gets Fs.

MJ, I wish I believed this takes care of the problem. But the kid is ... Juior Bush. Really. A sociopath.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home