.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Friday, October 21, 2005

I'm trying to write ...

... a resume for a job that I have absolutely no qualifications for. Despite this, there are people quite certain I will not only land the job, but will do better in it than anyone ever has in the entire history of that job's existence.

I'm not so sure, however. I mean, I just spent two weeks thinking my digicam was broken because I kept forgetting to take the lens cap off. Yes, I'm exhausted, but --- ? That's lame, man, lame, and doesn't speak well of my ability to take on this high powered job requiring nonstop multitasking and decision-making and lean mean cognitive mental power machine capavilities.

But i have to do something. My current job is plum wearing me out. The kicker came when an insane female student who has been causing me trouble since the beginning of the semester, when this student basically threatened me. The whole thing has turned into this huge thing which is now fortunately completely out of my hands. But good gawd, people.

It totally exhausted my little brain.

So I don't know. My last computer crashed before I had time to print out my most recent resumes. And I can't even quite remember what I was doing five years ago. So that's not helping any.

But I'm doing the resume anyway and applying for this job I have absolutely no qualifications for and by gawd we'll just see now, won't we.

Gawd, let this semester be over!

10 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

oo what's the job? And is this the "you callin me white trash?" lady?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I can't tell you what the job is in public! But it's one I'm so unqualified for that I can't even jimmy up my resume to make it look like I have even the most basic of qualifications. I finally gave up after hours of trying and went to sleep on the sofa.

The student causing trouble is not the 'you callin' me white trash, bitch???' lady. It's an entirely different one. Which is even more troubling, IMO.

Back to sleeping ...

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger MJ said...

You ok? I'm a little worried.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I really am fine, even though the blogosphere oesn;t beleve me. And i really haven't abandoned blogging.

I am just so ridiculously freaking busy.

I think now tha daylight savings time is over, though, I'll probably be back pretty quick. I was also getting pretty sleep deprived which i aways do toward the end of daylight savings time --- then I accidentally stayed up all night saturday night (*banging head against wall*) --- so I've been trying to catch up on sleep while grading and ... buying trees which is what i was just doing which is why I happened to be online when your message came through.

Got some pecan trees, catalpa, bur oak, and some others. Had to slap my hands to keep from getting a live oak but i don't care what they claim, this is not live oak territory.

In any case, yes, i'm fine and yes, i really am going to get back to blogging. i really am! I haven't abandoned it!!

But i've thought about you a lot. How are you doing, Mj??

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

gack, I have got to get a new keyboard.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger MJ said...

You know... anxiety-ridden, neurotic, delusions of grandeur mixed with severely low self-esteem... the usual! (-;

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

tRuh roh! Okay, I'm headed over to your blog to see what's going on now!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Ereshkigal said...

So... did you get the resume out? Have you been called for an interview?

Go for it, Cookie!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger KCB said...

The suspense, it's driving me up the wall. Did you send in your resume? Have your students been ordered to stand down? I selfishly request an update.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Omigosh it's you all!

I think this means I have to do a blog entry! :=D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home