.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, November 14, 2005

I think I've just entered the not drunk, but tipsy phase of my life

Tonight, after returning from a community organization meeting (where I announced that I spent yesterday half drunk), I made myself a lovely salad of mixed greens and beets --- always with the beets --- doused with some Braggs Liquid Aminos, a healthy sprinkle of Braggs Seasoning and some homemade blue cheese dressing. I then pulled the chicken from the stock and set into a separate bowl for nibbling.

Then I poured a nice big glass of Zinfandel (Toad Hollow) and sat down to eat.

With healthy slugs of wine between bites.

And when I was finished, I found myself thinking that when I die, I will really miss wine.

I never before realized just how much I like wine. I've hardly drunken any since I moved out here, for fear of being labelled that odd woman who runs around half drunk planting odd plants. But that was all tossed into the air yesterday when sme guy who lives down the road recognized my car at the liquor store in town (and it's an amazing little liquor store, too --- great, great wine selection and they ordered me a mess of primitivo wine --- A Mano, which I'm very interesting in trying) ran into the store while i was there on some bogus excuse, then followed me home and tore off fast as lightning to tell everyone I'm a drinkin' woman.

So much for that cleancut reputation I've got going. Well, except that they all think I'm a pothead. But who the hell cares? Now they're sure I'm drunk all the time. And so I am.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger MJ said...

HA!- again. Good move announcing to the community organization meeting that you spent yesterday half-drunk. ("Let's give 'em somethin to talk about." )

Of course(!) I'm not condoning such behavior, but some of the best times of my life have been experienced in altered states of consciousness. I think even the Dalai Lama is looking at your words with a sort of benevolently sweet (and playfully chastising) look. He thinks you are wonderful too!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home