.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, February 20, 2006

I Piss People Off

You know I'm starting to feel better when I can dive into self-examination.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. It used to be quite a sore spot for me. Lately, however, I've been viewng it with a more detached, critical eye.

It isn't a matter of people pleasing --- not at all. I'm legitimately quite capable of pissing people off on my own without reference to lame pop psychologies.

And yes, there are certain classes of people I tend to piss off regularly.

Alpha females, for one. They really don't like me. But not all alpha females, not by a long shot.

I tend to get on very well with alpha females who have achieved their status through brainpower or exceptional kindness or a true "liking" of other people --- say, someone with great social skills emerging from their genuine interest in other people. But especially brainy females. I really like brainy people. It's as simple as that. And brainy alpha females (and males) have all the respect from me they could ever ask for --- except they're usually not the ones demanding it because they're so brainy, they don't need to.

Otherwise ---- social climbers, bullies, females too enchanted with themselves or who thieve somehow from others, I almost invariably really piss off and often turn into enemies. It tends to turn into a debacle, probably because I'm not particularly adept at recognizing power relationships.

I'm also fairly gifted at saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Hehehe. Really quite unintentionally, but always with disastrous results which are amusing from this vantage point --- but weren't at the time.

Men, bleh. Alpha or not, I don't give a shit. It's a different set of dynamics, but the same kinds of things tend to hold true, although my disagreements with them rarely (if ever) have to do with alpha status. There's not nearly as many of them who hate me as there are women.

Sometimes, I just pop a cork and piss people off. I did this recently with a friend who kept sending me those FW: FW: MUST READ!! FW: FW: OMG!!! rightwing emails.

She finally sent one too many and I blew a cork, Googled the smear, proved it wrong and sent the facts (complete with links and an apology from the source of the smear) not just to her, but to the originator and all the people she'd spammed with it.

She hasn't been emailing me so regularly since then and has stopped trying to fix me up with her brother. I think she decided she didn't want someone who isn't bothered by gay people as a sister-in-law.

I actually like her, despite her strange --- well, whatever. Not too sure she feels that way anymore, however.

I've also done stupid things to piss people off. Really stupid things. There have been times I've felt like I was an alien dropped in this world, and my behavior has proceeded accordingly. Not much you can do about that but mea culpa and move on.

And of course, there have been times I've been evilly awful. I admit it. But those aren't the times that troubled me for so many years. When you're evilly awful, you deserve whatever backlash you get. And I haven't been such an angel. I know that.

Will I be better in the future? I don't know.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Yeah. Me too.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

Good. It's scary being the only one pissing all these people off.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home