.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm getting ready to start seeds again

I'm still operating at quarter speed --- fortunately, I'm no longer sick but the whole thing really wiped me out.

However, today I purchased bleach to sterilize my seed starting flats and containers. Which is a sign that it's all getting ready to start all over again.

I'm also spending my entire income tax refund on trees --- as of now, it looks like I'll be planting two windbreaks of slash pines and a couple of pecans.

I have some smaller trees going which I hope are big enough to plant next year, including a bur oak sitting in a pot in the bathroolm which is producing leaves.

I also may quit my job after summer semester. Every time I sit down to grade, I --- I --- I just can't stand it anymore. It's sucking the life out of me and I'm not being paid enough to compensate for what I'm losing. So --- well, I don't know. It's not looking good, however.

5 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Leila M. said...

let me know what you're starting. I've got some birdhouse gourd seeds I'm thinking of planting this year...

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I started birdhouse gourds last year and lost them in that late freeze. So I'm going to try them again this year, too.

I'll prolly pull out the seeds tomorrow so will know then. Unless I get a burst of energy and do it tonight (but that's not looking hopeful!).

Do you want some loofah seeds? I *love* that loofah and this year, will be growing it to eat, instead of for the gourds. I have thousands of seeds ...

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger MJ said...

God! I would love to quit my job. How you gonna manage that one?

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I don't know yet. I'm definitely going to have to get another job. But I've been KIND of working on that anyway. It's why I started buying clothes this past year.

But I'm now going to have to get serious about it, or at least kind of serious. Unless I take the lumber store route. :=D Which I might --- the money would be about the same and I wouldn't have to commute - or grade, for that matter!

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Anything is better than grading. It is driving me crazy. I hate it. A lumber store job sounds like heaven, at least from a distance.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home