.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk


moonbat150


Home of the Barking Moonbat


 

Thursday, April 20, 2006

In response to ...

... Erishkigal's comment below and MJ's comment on her blog, I'm posting an update.

First, i don't know when I'll be back. I'm having a lot of fun not blogging. I've made some new friends and have been renewing some old friendships.

The two-dimensional world of the net is a good place, but I'd forgotten how great the three-dimensional world is. The goal is to be equally at home both places and eventually to meld two and three dimensional --- what do you think?

As for gardening, don't get me started! I can't believe I'm really seeing results, even though there's still so much to do.

I'm getting my first grapes this year. I can already see the little clusters on the vines.

I have butterflies everywhere. And it appears I had a mess of Monarch lay eggs here perhaps? because i was covered in Monarchs --- little ones --- for a week or so.

So my initial butterfly gardening attempts have worked.

I'm redoubling the efforts. New goal: to be certified as an official Monarch Watch site sometime in the next year or so.

I haven't yet planted fruit trees or nut trees, but I have just about finished my fruit plantings here. I now have blueberries, strawberries, elderberries, raspberries and something else ... ? ... going. The next step is to establish vegetable gardens. i have tomato and herb gardens going, but no real wonka wonka veggie gardens. So this is the next step.

Lots more, too.

In a month, I'll finally have a back porch. I've gone through tons of money --- my savings is nearly gone.

However --- and maybe the best news of all --- I might have another job.

So that's what I've been doing. I'm still watching you all and I will be back soon enough.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Sounds perfect. I'm happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home